Thursday, January 13, 2011

Crazy Moon Craters

Hello Wildcats!!!!! Please answer the following question about the lab that we did on Wednesday and Thursday.

What happened to the size of the crater you made when you dropped either the marble or bouncy ball from higher height? DON'T FORGET TO PUT YOUR NAME AFTER YOU COMMENT!

93 comments:

  1. Wildcats ROCK!!!!

    -Mr. Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. The higher the marble was the bigger the creater

    -Corey S

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you dropped it from a higher spot the crater would go down in the flour farther. But like if you put a marble in it the size would go down far to but it would be a ray crater!


    -Jordan v

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you made the crater once you removed the ball or marble the hole shrunk into a smaller size createing a crater.

    ~Leah C

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crater got bigger when you droped the marble from a higher height.

    Hailey L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The carter would get bigger if you would drop it from a higher spot and if you would drop it from a lower spot it would be smaller than if you would drop it from a higher spot

    Lauren H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you drop it from a higher spot the creater would get bigger than if you drop it from a lower spot the crater would be smaller

    Trevor J

    ReplyDelete
  8. when I dropped the marble from a lower height it like sticked to the top of the surface.But when you drop from a higher point it would go into the surface and maybe hit the bottom of the plate. ~Jason V

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you drop it higher up it would go farther in. But when u did it lower it went in a bit.




    Olivia P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the marble droped down the crater it made a crater it smooshed down the crater

    isaiah y

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I dropped the marble into my moon surface from a higher height it whent further dddown into the moon surface and might of hit the bottom of the bowl.

    -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  12. The higher I dropped the bouncy ball from a higher height it made a bigger crater. The closer to the bowl the smaller the crater will be. - Brittany T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the marble would problobly make a deeper crater than the bouncy ball




    Ty.B

    ReplyDelete
  14. high the marble dropped the bigger the crater

    Breanna T.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what happend was i droped it from a higher higt and it went down farther aj

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought it wa scool with the dough part



    Nolan R.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I dropped the marble from a higher spot it didn't even dent the moon mixture at all. Same with the bouncy ball. I had to press it into the mixture to make the craters and ray craters.

    Lizzy B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. when you drop from a smaller distance the crater would be smaller. but when you drop it from a larger distance the crater would get larger.

    -Brandon S.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you would drop the marbel it would sink a little and it was hard to get it back out.


    Natalie D.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The higher the ball landed the bigger the crater! :)

    Jessica F.

    ReplyDelete
  21. when I did my experiment it kinda backfired on me.Besides that it was the coolest experiment ever.


    Noah M.

    ReplyDelete
  22. sssss
    s cccc i eeee n
    ssss c i e e nnnnn cccc eeee
    s cccc i eeeee n n c e e
    sssss i e n n cccc eeeee
    eeee n n e
    eeee
    For: Mr.Z

    From:Nolan R.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh man it failed it was suposed to say science but it failed



    Nolan R.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The higher you drop the marble the bigger the crater. Chris.M

    ReplyDelete
  25. when i droped it in it worked at first the it started to rise again.



    -Alyssa T.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The higher the marble the deeper the crater was.


    Griffin P

    ReplyDelete
  27. It makes a deeper crater from higher up and the lowwer the dropspot the smaller inpact crater

    ReplyDelete
  28. When I dropped my bouncy ball?marble and then took it out it just started to reform to a regular surface. Teddy J.

    ReplyDelete
  29. when i droped the marble like a inch away the crater was small, but when i droped it high it made a way bigger crater. it was like 2 times bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The bouncy ball made a big crater the marble made more volcanic dome thingy.



    Pat I.

    ReplyDelete
  31. the higher up you droped it the bigger the crater and the lower it went down into the surface. ~Hiedi.G~

    ReplyDelete
  32. When you drop it high it makes a big crater.When you drop it low it makes a small crater

    -Cameron K.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This project was like no other it was fun itwas wacky. When you drop the marble at a sertin hight when it hits it is like a cloud

    ReplyDelete
  34. The higher the marble was dropped it hit the serface harder than the closer marble making more of a visible indent
    -Katy C.

    ReplyDelete
  35. when i droped the marble like a inch away the crater was small, but when i droped it high it made a way bigger crater. it was like 2 times bigger.

    Will B.

    ReplyDelete
  36. It was so much fun!When I dropped the marble the flour flew everywhere!! Jessica R

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi when you dropped the ball from a higher distance the crater would get bigger,but if u drop it from a lower distance the crater would be smaller

    ~HannahP~

    ReplyDelete
  38. When I dropped the ball from a higher it made a bigger crater.

    ReplyDelete
  39. when I dropped the marbel from a higher hight, the collisin was huge!!!





    Hartley c.

    ReplyDelete
  40. when you make the ball the right hieght it would work but then if you did another one next to that one it would go into another crater -kaylin M

    ReplyDelete
  41. the crater gets bigger and bigger

    Ryan.w

    ReplyDelete
  42. The higher you held the bouncy ball or marble and dropped it the bigger the crater. Why????????????? (I'm not sure........)



    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  43. when the marble droped it made a big creater and flour went everywhere Blake B

    ReplyDelete
  44. the higher you droped it from, the deeper the crater got. the lower you drop it from the higher it was.



    awsome Michael Q.

    ReplyDelete
  45. When I dropped the from higher up it made a bigger crater.





    Alissa T.

    ReplyDelete
  46. the project that we did was cool that i followed all the directions i followed is doing the moon surface when we mixed it up the we dropped the marbles and then we made different layers of the moon.


    Jennifer Ruiz

    ReplyDelete
  47. It wasn't easy to make the highlands because they would not stay up and the flour and water mixture did not stick together.

    Rylee I.

    ReplyDelete
  48. When I dropped the bouncy ball and the marble from higher up it didn't make a dent. When I dropped it closer to the moon's surface it made a crater.Either way it was fun!


    Brianne R.

    ReplyDelete
  49. the higher you let go of the marble or bouncyball the bigger the mark.the lower the smaller.the bouncy ball made wide and not very deep craters while the marble made deep and small craters.-Blake D.

    ReplyDelete
  50. if you held the ball lower the crater would be smaller.If you held the ball higher up it would result in a larger crater. the more force the ball has the larger it will appear.



    Leah B!

    ReplyDelete
  51. i think the crater would get bigger the higher you dropped it from. it seems like it would hit it with more force.
    Sam W.

    ReplyDelete
  52. when i had a boucy ball the hole was bigger. it made a larger dent in the batter from a lager distens. with the marble it made a smaller but deeper hole with a large range.

    ~ Lexi L.

    ReplyDelete
  53. when i dropped the ball in it it made a giant hole the smaller one in it it made a smaller hole tony a.

    ReplyDelete
  54. i dropped a bouncy ball many times and then was a big crater it was so cool. then the water came out. ithink should have not hit so many times.



    Hunter W.

    ReplyDelete
  55. The lower the marble the less deeper but the higher it got the deeper it got.The marble made a deeper hole than the bouncey ball.Jaden L.

    ReplyDelete
  56. The higher you drop the marble the bigger the crater got. It haoppens because it produses speed. It is the same with the bouncy ball. Tyler K.

    ReplyDelete
  57. When we made are craters we got are bouncy balls and marbles when we droped either the bouncy ball or the marble it made a hole, but when you picked it out your crater it got smaller.
    -Sophia W

    ReplyDelete
  58. The higher I dropped the bouncy ball or marble it made a smaller crater. So if you wanted a small crater then you should drop it from a higher hight. To make a bigger crater you should drop it from a lower hight.

    Nicole J.

    ReplyDelete
  59. the higher you drop the bouncy ball or the marble the biger the crater is. the lower you drop the bouncy ball or marble the crater is smaller Nick A.

    ReplyDelete
  60. The higher I held the marbel or bouncy the bigger the crater.-BRYCE M.

    ReplyDelete
  61. When i droped the ball the flour it made a big hole.It made a big crater when i droped it.When i droped the marble it made a ray crater. Jakob L.

    ReplyDelete
  62. when I droped the bouncy ball and the marble down low it made a small hole. when I droped it high it made a big hole. I love the project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! From jordan B

    ReplyDelete
  63. When you drop the ball into the doughy stuff it made a crater. The higher you drop the ball from the bigger the crater will be. The lower you drop the ball from a lower spot you get a smaller crater.
    Cody S.!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. When I dropped the bouncy ball or marble from a higher hieght it made the crater bigger or larger. The project was very fun! I do have to say it was a little difficult to make the Highlands, and Volcanic domes. I hope my moon surface turns out pretty cool!!!!I had fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. The higher i held the bouncy ball it made a crater.- Karina M.

    ReplyDelete
  66. when i droped the balls from a higher point it made a biger dent then it did when i did it closer. I think thats cause the higher you do it the more pressure it had. I ALSO NOTICED THE BOUNCY BALLS MADE BIGGER DENTS THAN THE MARBLES. I THINK THATS BECAUSE THE BOUNCY BALLS WEIGHED MORE . Sydni F

    ReplyDelete
  67. When I droped the bouncy from a higher place they made a bigger crater. When I droped the marble from a higher place the crater was still small but the marble went in deeper and made a deep crater. I think that the activity was fun!!!!!!I droped both in and made highlands also.
    ~Megan G.~

    ReplyDelete
  68. The higher hight you droped the marble or bouncy ball from the deeper hole it made.Paul S.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I droped the marble closer to the bowl and it made a smaller crater. When I droped it higher the flour got all over the table and me!! but it was still fun!!!!

    ELAINE P.

    ReplyDelete
  70. when you would drop the marble the white stuffwould go on the desk

    brandon w

    ReplyDelete
  71. When i dropped the bouncy ball the crater became bigger if you dropped it in the same spot more than once.When I dropped the marble the crater was smaller than the one that the bouncy ball made.Briannak

    ReplyDelete
  72. I think it would have made a smaller hole if I dropped it closer, and bigger if I dropped it farther away (i wasnt here so.. yea :P)

    ~Holly B.

    ReplyDelete
  73. When I droped the ball it made a BIG crator



    Eric I.

    ReplyDelete
  74. the higher the ball was the bigger the crater

    Harrison T.

    ReplyDelete
  75. the lower it was it would roll, but if you got higherm with it you would make it go deeper into the dough and made the snow go every where

    ~Amanda M

    ReplyDelete
  76. When I dropped the bouncy ball higher the hole got bigger, and the flour splattered everywhere!! Cassidy L.

    ReplyDelete
  77. when i droped the bouncy ball and the marble from a higher hight it made a bigger crater it was fun

    Rose S.

    ReplyDelete
  78. when I droped the bouncy ball right above it it was just a big dent. Then when I droped it from higher the flour went everywhere and it made a big dent it the surface. when i droped the marble it didnt do much it just made a little dent in the flour then when i droped it from higher up it did about the same thing just a litte bit of flour went out of thr surface and then there was a little bigger dent in the moon. So when ever i droped it from higher it always made a bigger indent!!!!!!
    Hannah B.

    ReplyDelete
  79. The higher you drop the marble or bouncy ball the bigger the crater you got . It got really big if you dropped it off from the highest your arm could go.

    Rachel S.

    ReplyDelete
  80. WHEN YOU DROPED IT FROM HIGHER UP IT WENT DOWN FARTHER AND ALL THE SNOW FLEW OUT OF THE BOWL AND WHEN YOU DROPED IT LOWER A LITTLE BIT SNOW CAME OUT AND AND IT ONLY MADE A LITTLE BIT OF A HOLE NICM.

    ReplyDelete
  81. when I dropped the ball the higher it was the deepper crater and more flower flew




    collin wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  82. dropping the bouncey ball makes a bigger crater and dropping the marble makesa smaller crater and the size of the crater depends on how high you drop the bouncey ball or marble :p
    kaitlin W <3

    ReplyDelete
  83. as the ball and marble hit the flour got all over it was sweet

    Grant,L

    ReplyDelete
  84. When I dropped the marble lower it made a little crater but when I dropped it higher it made a bigger crater and made a big mess.


    -Joshua M.

    ReplyDelete
  85. The higher I dropped it the deper it sank and the bigger the hole it made but when I dropped it closer it made a smaller hole. Jacob F.

    ReplyDelete
  86. well it diden't really make that big of crater when I dropped it from a low hight so every time I dtopped it from a larger hight

    Russell M

    ReplyDelete
  87. the higher you droped it the deeper it was. alexis d.

    ReplyDelete
  88. when you hold the marbal in your hand ,and drop it near the bowl it makes a small indent.To the big ball it made a difrent shape and size. I think this progect was fun but it also taught us something
    Anna T

    ReplyDelete
  89. I dropped the bouncy ball close to the bowl and it made a small crater. Then I dropped it higher up and it made a bigger crater and flour flew every were. It was a fun science experiment!

    Sam S.

    ReplyDelete
  90. the higher the marble dropped the hole wasn't very big but with the bounce ball it made a pretty big, when you dropped it closer to the bo
    wl it made a smaller hole.



    Danny O.

    ReplyDelete
  91. when i droped the marble the crader got deeper.
    Hannah W

    ReplyDelete
  92. Whene I dropped the ball from a high point it made a splash that got everywhere.


    Alex D.

    ReplyDelete